Work with us and you’ll quickly learn that the FocusOne Health team has a true passion for providing quality programs and long lasting results for their clients.
Founded in 1994 as the Riverland Division of General Practice Inc under the Commonwealth Government’s Divisions of General Practice program, FocusOne Health has emerged as an independent, membership-based organisation. Over the years, it has transformed into a Primary Health Care entity, dedicated to offering integrated, coordinated, locally focused, and responsive services that align with the identified health needs of the community.
We provide essential mental health and general health services aimed at ensuring the thriving wellbeing of individuals; including, being the lead agency for Head to Health Mount Gambier and headspace Berri.
We take pride in delivering a diverse array of services encompassing both mental and general health. Our commitment extends to providing support for vulnerable groups, including culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) communities, the LGBTIQA+ community, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander populations. With a particular focus on older Australians, we strive to create a comprehensive and inclusive network of care that addresses the unique needs of individuals across the spectrum of health and well-being.
Quality primary health care,
& wellbeing services embedded
in regional communities.
Healthy & thriving regional communities
Audited Financial Reports
Our Focus & What we do
Current funding from both government and non-government sources enables FocusOne Health to focus on targeted groups within the community, including:
- Those experiencing mental health issues by providing counselling and group work responses
- Young people, as the lead agency for headspace Berri, addressing general health, mental health, education, training and employment, and alcohol and other drugs issues
- Aboriginal people, through Closing the Gap Riverland supporting access to mainstream services and chronic disease management
- Engaging with the broader community to promote and encourage healthy lifestyle choices.
Supports provided to the Primary Health Care workforce focus on:
- Facilitating Continuing Professional Education for the medical, nursing and allied health professional workforce
- Providing social and professional networking opportunities that contribute to an integrated and collaborative Primary Health Care workforce
- Ensuring access to relevant and current health and services information.
FocusOne Health works in partnership with a broad range of organisations and service providers to deliver integrated and coordinated health services to the community, including General Practice, specialists, allied health services, state government health services – including hospitals and community health, non-government organisations, local government, and community groups.